Southern University John B. Cade Library (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) is in search of a full time cataloger.
Description: maintains print and electronic periodicals, online databases and information.Catalogs resources using OCLC, Resource Description & Access (RDA), and Library of Congress Subject Headings. Creates and updates catalog records for serials and uploads monthly batches.
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited Library School or 2 years of cataloging experience preferred.
Email resume and references to Charlotte_Henderson@subr.edu.
Posted in Academic
This position is responsible for the acquisitions of all single-title items purchased via credit card, and direct from vendors (e.g. print books, ebooks, DVDs, CDs, streaming videos, PDF files, dissertations, etc). This position is responsible for ordering, receiving, invoicing, posting, reconciling, processing and claiming of single title orders (electronic and print).
Examples of Work Performed:
- Ordering- Responsible for ordering all firm single title items selected by the Collection Development Librarians; places orders with established library vendors and documents orders in Integrated Library Management System by creating/downloading a bibliographic and order record.
- Receiving- Responsible for loading PromptCAT records from established vendors upon receipt of file and materials and overlaying brief bibs; monitors the catalog records of shelf-ready materials; responsible for receiving single-title physical items.
- Paying- Responsible for paying invoices in the Integrated Library Management System; responsible for importing invoices from established vendors; responsible for monitoring monograph fund balances to ensure that funds are not overspent; responsible for posting invoices processed by members of the Acquisitions Team in Integrated Library Management System on a daily basis.
- Quality Control- Responsible for monitoring outstanding orders and following up with vendors with open orders on a regular basis; responsible for organizing lost or missing lists; RFIDs print materials and reviews records to ensure items are processed and coded correctly.
- Experience working with library purchasing platforms and systems, such as GOBI.
- Experience working with vendors and other external stakeholders to resolve acquisition problems.
- Experience working with Cognos Systems such as Concur, Peoplesoft, and Marketplace.
Full position description available at: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftljob=14416
Loyola University Chicago Libraries (Loyola) seeks nominations and applications to identify user-focused, innovative, and forward-thinking candidates for the position of Associate Dean for Collection Services. This position will provide strategic direction and leadership within the University Libraries, work collaboratively across campus, and engage with the local community and national and international partners to develop and manage the libraries’ collections of scholarly information resources in support of Loyola’s teaching, learning, research, and service missions. Loyola encourages applications from underrepresented groups and from those with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
For full consideration, applications should be received by September 1, 2018.
For details, please see the vacancy announcement: http://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/8387
The Bailey/Howe Library’s Circulation Department is searching for a Library Support Senior staff member to join their team. This staff member will provide supervision of student employees and oversee security and safety during evening hours for the Bailey/Howe Library. Supervise public service points, assist Library users with problems and access issues, enforce library policy, oversee stacks maintenance, and coordinate projects with other Library and university staff. Drive university vehicle to fill in for courier services.
For more information, go to uvmjobs.com.
- Provides ongoing maintenance of databases to ensure continued access throughout the life cycle; checks search capabilities and website display; claims broken links or missing content; assists in annual renewals.
- Resolves database access problems. Provides technical support to users and responds to help desk requests.
- Collects COUNTER-compliant usage statistics for all licensed e-resources to support retention & renewal decisions and creation of annual ACRL and IPEDS reports; maintains detailed information on statistics access (links, passwords, contacts).
- Manages the Electronic Resources Management System (SerialsSolutions), including knowledge base management, overlap analysis, link resolver configuration, and URL customizations.
- American Library Association accredited Master’s Degree
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an academic library, preferably e-resources experience
- Experience with the technical procedures of acquiring and maintaining library e-resources
- Excellent communication skills working with faculty, students, vendors, and colleagues
- Experience with an integrated library system (SirsiDynix Symphony preferred); discovery service (EDS preferred); link resolver (Serials Solutions preferred); and LibGuides
Starting date is September 4, 2018
Send letter & resume to: Lynn Parliman (email@example.com)
Full position description is available here.