Kansas State University Libraries invite applications and nominations for an energetic, creative, and committed individual to serve in the position of Data Analyst for Content Development. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, data analytics, statistics, or related field as well as one year of relevant experience required. Visit https://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/508076/data-analyst-kstate-libraries for the full position announcement and instructions for applying.
The Atlanta University Center – Robert W. Woodruff Library supports the
teaching and learning missions of four institutions of higher learning that
comprise the world’s largest consortium of HBCUs: Atlanta University,
the Interdenominational Theological Center, Morehouse College, and Spelman
College. Conveniently located and easily accessible to the campuses, the
Woodruff Library is the center of the intellectual and social life at the
Atlanta University Center.
The library is seeking an experienced and innovative Electronic Resources and
Serials Librarian. The successful candidate will be responsible for the
acquisition, access management, and analysis of the library’s electronic
and print serials, and government documents collections
Salary commensurate with experience; benefits include medical, dental,
vision, life, company paid disability plans, relocation assistance, company
match retirement plan (TIAA-CREF).
To learn more about our Library and to view the full job description visit us online at
The Metadata Services Department at the University Library of the University of California, Santa Cruz invites applications for an Electronic Resources Librarian who will work under the direction of the head of Metadata Services & Acquisitions.
The Electronic Resources Librarian will develop, recommend, and implement an updated management strategy. This will include purchasing, activation, and record maintenance for the entire complex life cycles for serials, e-books, datasets, and streaming video. The Electronic Resources Librarian will implement and administer tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability including the utilization of electronic resource management functions in Alma, the cloud-based library services platform. The incoming Electronic Resources Librarian will work collaboratively with library staff, vendors, and campus ITS staff to ensure convenient, seamless, and uninterrupted access to electronic resources. The position requires that the incumbent display excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
Full consideration will be given to applications completed by September 16, 2019. Applications received after this date will be considered only if the position has not been filled. See https://recruit.ucsc.edu/JPF00742 for full job ad and how to apply. This appointment will be full-time for two years.
The Electronic Resources Librarian will support and contribute to learning and discovery by actively participating in the management of the life cycle of Vanderbilt University’s licensed scholarly electronic resources, ensuring continued access through and between all library-supported user gateways.
Job responsibilities include
- Proactively and accurately manage technical and administrative changes related to electronic resource access.
- Resolve problems arising from the use of electronic resources and respond to end-user reported issues with licensed electronic resources in a timely manner.
- Coordinate work with other library departments, database providers, vendors, and publishers to ensure understanding of licensed electronic resources (i.e., library packages, orders, and other entitlements), in order to take appropriate actions to effectively manage these resources.
- Demonstrate leadership by identifying and staying abreast of emerging education and linking technologies, related e-resource and bibliographic standards, interoperability, and other technical issues relating to the acquisition, licensing, access, and usage of electronic resources.
- Participate in the training of other staff to assist in e-resource management.
- Participate in the recommendation and implementation of new approaches to electronic resource management, including presentation to users, facilitating the seamless delivery of information supporting research and learning at all levels.
- Assist in the coordination and review process for licenses and the day-to-day licensing workflow in order to ensure seamless and favorable access to electronic resources.
- Serve on library-wide committees and working groups to promote electronic resource management best practices and tools.
For more information and to apply, visit https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901514. Applications received by Sept 13, 2019 will be given first consideration.
Duties include but not limited to: supervising and training academic, professional, and classified departmental staff; serving as an Alma administrator (library services platform) responsible for the configuration and maintenance of Alma and the support of all functional areas within the library; managing budgets and performing statistical analysis; overseeing all aspects of technical service, such as cataloging, acquisitions, e-resources, and technical processing; developing policy and assessing department and library services; evaluating and updating workflows and practices; working collaboratively in a user-centered environment; providing reference service as scheduled; serving as liaison to academic departments.
Required Qualifications: master’s degree in library or information sciences from an ALA-accredited program (or equivalent credential) at the time of application; minimum 5 years of professional library experience with 1-2 years of supervisory experience; experience with library management systems; experience with library technical services; experience with budget planning and expenditure analysis; demonstrated understanding of emerging trends and practices in librarianship; evidence of effective communication skills.
Preferred: Alma administration certification; experience in original cataloging; professional experience in an academic setting; knowledge of e-resource licensing; experience with vendor relations; experience working in a consortial environment; experience with collection development; experience working with diverse populations and/or teaching pedagogies and/or multicultural teaching experience.
To learn more about the College or the Department, please visit https://suny.oneonta.edu or https://suny.oneonta.edu/milne-library.