The University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library is searching for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable leader to fill our Resource Management, Department Head position. The Department Head is responsible for overseeing the work of the eleven person Resource Management Department. The Resource Management Department’s activities span the acquisition, licensing, cataloging, metadata creation, collections analysis, and interlibrary loan of Auraria Library’s purchased content, in addition to, managing the on and off campus access to these learning materials and their physical maintenance. The Resource Management, Department Head leads the Library’s acquisition-to-discovery workflow of purchased library materials to ensure the best possible user experience and supports the Acquisitions Librarian in overseeing the Library’s $3.6M learning materials budget. This is a 12-month non-tenure track senior instructor position.
Leadership in Discovery, Metadata, and Access
• Oversees and evaluates metadata creation for the Library’s learning materials in all formats, including developing best practices and performing quality control.
• Oversees and evaluates cataloging processes and tools (e.g., LTI, OCLC Connexion, WorldShare Collection Manager).
• Provides long-term vision for the library’s access points from a user experience perspective including the discovery layer (Summon), the library catalog (Sierra), WorldCat, Google Scholar, and others.
Leadership in Electronic Resources Management
• Cultivates and develops the department’s workflows and procedures to address the complexities of the 21st century learning materials lifecycle.
• Evaluates, develops, and improves acquisition-to-discovery processes for purchased library materials.
• Manages, supports, and assesses the Library’s electronic resource management tools (e.g., eresources linking form, ProQuest Workflow Solutions/Serials Solutions).
• Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
• Supervisory experience in an academic or research library.
• Experience in an academic or research library in one or more areas of library resource management including, but not limited to; electronic resource management, metadata creation, or electronic resources acquisitions.
To apply, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=14062.
This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by July 24, 2018. Applications received after July 24, 2018 may or may not be considered.