Appalachian State University seeks an Associate Dean of Libraries. The Associate Dean will:
- provide strategic leadership in planning and implementing innovative library services, programs, staffing and other initiatives;
- supervise, support, and mentor coordinators of Special Collections, Digital Scholarship & Initiatives, and Resource Acquisitions Management;
- promote effective cross-team communications, intra-team working groups, and project teams in concert with the other Associate Dean and the Dean of Libraries;
- share in leadership for human resources and budgets;
- implement and evaluate library policies and procedures;
- apply knowledge of shared governance and university policies to the effective management of library operations;
- advocate for continual professional development and learning, and maintain a comprehensive understanding of developments affecting academic librarianship;
- serve as a member of library and academic leadership teams;
- represent the Libraries’ interests at all levels throughout the Libraries, University, and the profession.
For more information go to, https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/17007
Senior Data Analyst
At ITHAKA, we think nothing is better than knowing we are having a positive impact on the world. We impact the lives of millions of people and thousands of institutions every day both in ground-breaking ways and in small ways that mean a lot.
The Role : At ITHAKA, using evidence to drive decisions is one of our core values. As our Senior Data Analyst, you will play an essential role by providing analysis that enables data-driven decision-making by our internal teams and our external partners. You will be a strong collaborator with senior executives, business directors, product managers, and functional groups, effectively using data and analyses in strategy development and high-level decisions. You will also work closely with other data analysts, user researchers, and data technicians to generate reports and analyses. The data you will work with includes: web usage data, digital preservation data, bibliographic metadata, survey data, and a range of other business and financial data. To succeed, you must establish and maintain positive professional relationships with consumers of analytics services across our organization where teams have diverse and evolving information needs. This is an excellent opportunity to put your technical skills for performing data queries, reporting, and data visualization to work in an environment where evidence is highly valued and utilized.
For more details, please visit.
Posted in Other
Tagged data analysis
LAC Federal seeks an experienced Cataloger for a full-time position with our client, a prestigious government library located in Beltsville, Maryland. This position is a full-time, benefited position.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This role requires supporting a full range of cataloging tasks including: copy cataloging, original cataloging, catalog maintenance duties, withdrawals, maintain records for electronic publications, analytics, assigning call numbers, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must have an MLS or MLIS from an accredited library school as well as 2 or more years of cataloging experience. Experience with RDA, AACR2 and MARC Records is required. Experience with Voyager ILS systems is required.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/NMUXXn
Posted in Other
The University of Colorado Denver seeks a detailed and forward thinking Serials and Stacks Coordinator to join Auraria Library’s dynamic Resource Management team. Reporting to the Acquisitions Librarian, this full-time University Staff position’s primary role will be to oversee the Library’s acquisitions of direct serials and oversee maintenance of the library’s stacks.
- Leads direct serial and standing order renewals. This includes being responsible for overseeing the Acquisitions lifecycle of direct serials in all formats, and supervising the continuing transition of serials from print to electronic.
- Analyzes pricing, negotiates deals, pays invoices, oversees periodicals and standing orders check-in, processing and claiming.
- Responsible for maintaining the library’s physical monographic & serial collections including leading complex collections maintenance projects.
- Supervises and trains one full-time employee and 1-2 student employees.
Application Deadline: This position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by November 26, 2017.
For more details, visit https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=11723.
The Serials Librarian is seeking applicants with an established record of scholarship in the field of library and information science with strong organizational and networking skills to recruit quality manuscripts and attract respected experts to the editorial board.
The responsibilities of this position include managing the peer review of 20-30 manuscripts per year, soliciting high-quality manuscripts from potential authors, and selecting a sufficient pool of reviewers and editorial board members to evaluate manuscripts while providing a clear vision for the direction of the journal as well as ensuring ethical standards are met for all submissions.
The editorship, which is set to begin ASAP, includes an honorarium of $18,000 and has the opportunity to hire their own Associate Editor, who receives a $12,000 honoraria. For more information and instruction on how to apply, please visit http://explore.tandfonline.com/page/ed/wser-cfe-2017.
In this position, you will manage the electronic resources lifecycle by administering the electronic resources management system, coordinating timely investigations and resolution of electronic resource access problems, communicating with vendors, and assisting with license agreements.
You will take the lead in administering, optimizing and integrating the web-scale discovery service, link resolver, e-journal/e-book portal, database list, and other systems as identified. You will also monitor trends in access and discovery and recommend appropriate enhancements in the Library’s systems and interfaces.
Full job description at: https://cmu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2007056