Florida Atlantic University Libraries seeks an Assistant Electronic Resources Librarian. Reporting to the Electronic Resources Librarian, the incumbent will assist in the review, selection and de-selection of the electronic resources.
The successful candidate will handle the day-to day management of the electronic resources collection; the position’s responsibilities will include maintenance of holdings data in the libraries’ knowledge bases, proxy server and other systems, troubleshooting access issues, updating the electronic resources webpages, and contributing to the Unit’s outreach efforts.
For more information and to apply, please complete an electronic application at https://jobs.fau.edu, reference position #990013.
Western Carolina University’s Hunter Library seeks a Serials Librarian to provide leadership and professional expertise in the selection, acquisition, assessment and deselection of print and electronic continuing resources.
The position will establish overall priorities for the library collections budget in cooperation with the Collection Development Librarian, the Electronic Resources Librarian, and the Head of Content Organization and Management and be responsible for the ongoing expenditure and maintenance of the continuing resources budget in conjunction with the Electronic Resources Librarian. The position will develop continuing resources collections in close cooperation with library subject specialists and teaching faculty. Other responsibilities include supervising two full-time and one half-time staff members; coordinating ordering, payment, receipt, and holdings maintenance of continuing resources; working with publishers, vendors and subscriptions agents; and collaborating with the Western North Carolina Library Network on continuing resources issues. The successful candidate will be professionally engaged, forward-thinking, collegial, and demonstrate the ability to initiate and complete projects in a timely and independent manner.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.wcu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53327.
Forsyth Library at Fort Hays State University, Hays, Kansas, is seeking to fill the full-time (12-month), non-tenure track position of Instruction & Periodicals Librarian.
- MLS degree from ALA accredited institution (entry-level or early career librarians are encouraged to apply).
- Experience with providing information literacy instruction using print and online resources.
- Experience or familiarity with periodicals in print, electronic, and microform formats.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.fhsu.edu/faculty-and-staff/administrative/Instruction-and-Periodicals-Librarian/.
SCSU invites applications for an Academic Technologies Librarian. This is a probationary/tenure-track position with the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, dependent on qualifications and experience.
Reporting to the Dean of Learning Resources Services, the successful candidate will:
- Support and provide leadership for the integrated library system (in a consortial environment), open source initiatives, archives and repository management systems, and library integrative technologies.
- Provide vision and leadership to investigate, evaluate, and incorporate emerging technologies into library systems and services.
- Manage multiple library-related systems and technology projects.
- Participate in the establishment of library information and technology goals, objectives, and priorities.
- Coordinate with campus information technology services to assure a consistent and constantly improving library user experience.
- Communicate and translate systems and technology concepts, issues, and opportunities within and among diverse academic communities.
- Perform other library responsibilities, including liaison work and other collaborative activities.
For more information and to apply, visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Posted in Academic
Champlain College seeks an enthusiastic, collegial and service-oriented Librarian to join their award-winning library team and provide high quality academic library services in an innovative setting. This position provides administration, support and enhancement of a variety of library technology infrastructure, including the library management system, link resolver, and proxy server. With Champlain’s primarily digital collection, the individual in this position is concerned with eliminating barriers to access of information including troubleshooting and maintaining e-resources and providing project management and oversight of technical services. S/he develops relevant training and documentation of processes for library staff. In addition to staying current in emerging professional trends relating to library automation, systems, and discovery, this position will have the opportunity to play a key role in planning and coordinating a transition to a new library management system within the next 18 months. In keeping with Champlain’s core value of the “human touch,” other key responsibilities include reference, collection development, and collaborating with other librarians to design and teach lessons in the library’s innovative inquiry-based information literacy program.
For more information and to apply, visit http://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=46530.
George Mason University Libraries seeks an experienced professional who is attuned to the changing landscape of publishing, knowledgeable about relevant and emerging technologies, able to successfully integrate a university press with a robust digital library publishing program and effectively serve as advocate for the initiative across the university.
Incumbent will manage an integrated program of existing and planned services including an institutional repository, ETDs, e-journal hosting, e-book production, conference proceedings, data publication, and the university press. A key responsibility is developing and sustaining a mix of open access and market-focused digital publishing initiatives that will bring together the distinct strengths and perspectives of the publishing and library domains. We seek a change-agent successful at developing sustainable partnerships across the university.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs.gmu.edu/.