UAB Libraries’ seeks a forward-thinking and well-organized librarian to join our team as Electronic Resources Librarian. Reporting to the Head of Resource Acquisitions & Discovery, this position oversees the lifecycle of all electronic resources and participates in licensing, acquisitions, access, administration, statistics, and support.
The Electronic Resources Librarian will implement and administer tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability including the utilization of electronic resource management functions in Alma, the cloud-based library services platform.
- Manage the lifecycle of electronic resources including databases, eBooks, eJournals, and streaming media
- Provide information and data/statistics used in the analysis and evaluation of electronic resources
- Maintain and troubleshoot electronic resource access issues to ensure user access
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and other types of documentation pertaining to electronic resources as needed
- Supervise and mentor colleagues within the department as needed
- Collaborate with research services to identify and launch online resource trials
- Promote electronic resources by creating and maintaining research guides, providing training, and arranging for vendor/publisher presentations for library liaisons
- Serve on library and campus committees as appropriate for the position
Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor depending on qualifications (Non-Tenure Track)
Salary Range: $55,000 to $65,000, depending on rank
For complete job description and to apply: