The Modern LanguageAssociation (MLA) is seeking a library sales manager to develop and sustain relationships with library customers, create data-driven institutional sales strategies, and coordinate with customer service to support customers’ use of our digital subscription product MLA Handbook Plus.
Reporting to the director of outreach, the library sales manager will work closely with marketing staff and with the office of scholarly communication. As the primary point of contact for institutional subscribers, the library sales manager will contribute to the ongoing development of the product by conveying user feedback to content creators. The ideal candidate will have deep experience with the higher education library market and be enthusiastic about building relationships with librarians to support adoption and use of MLA Handbook Plus.
- Manages sales and renewals for library accounts
- Cultivates new sales through calls, e-mails, and other channels in order to meet revenue targets
- Uses analytics and other customer data to develop and manage relationships through association CRM
- Develops, tracks, and follows up with leads
- Helps develop new lead-generation strategies in collaboration with other marketing staff members
- Creates sales and usage reports for digital product
- Responds to queries from customers
- Attends in-person and virtual conferences and participates in other outreach activities aimed at purchasers and end users
- Stays up to date on trends in the library market
- Contributes to other MLA sales and marketing efforts as needed
Salary Range and Benefits: $62,000 – $73,000 commensurate with experience. The MLA provides generous vacation and sick time, flexible work hours, a 403(b) retirement plan, and individual health and dental plans with no shared premium cost.
Full Position Description and Instructions for Applying: https://www.mla.org/About-Us/Employment (scroll to Library Sales Manager)