The University of Central Oklahoma’s Chambers Library has an opening for a creative, collaborative, knowledgeable, and highly motivated individual to serve as the Resource Acquisition Manager. This position plays a key role in e-resources negotiation and liaises with university faculty. This unique opportunity comes at a significant time as the library analyzes and redefines resource need and use to better serve users.
Responsible for procuring and processing online and physical library resources. Provides leadership for Resource Acquisition Department. Provides stewardship in sustaining the library’s acquisitions budget and “in-time” access to all learning resources. Assists with troubleshooting resource access problems. Assists with promoting public awareness and use of resources.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
- Leads/conducts all negotiations with information providers/vendors to secure the most relevant content at the most cost-effective rates for all resources.
- Manages licensing and establishing access to electronic resources.
- Participates in troubleshooting access problems with electronic resources.
- Oversees the maintenance of vendor contract information in library technology platform.
- Calculates departmental allocations of annual materials budget according to established criteria.
- Manages Acquisitions and Serials teams, ordering, payment, and receipt of all resources.
- Provides training and guidance to the team to ensure the team stays abreast of current trends and best practices.
- Develops and maintains policies, procedures, and documentation for serials management.
- Reviews usage statistics and communicates with faculty, students, and librarians to gather feedback, perform collection analysis. Assists and advises on purchase/retention of resources.
- Participates in continuing education, conference, workshops, seminars, or other activities that enhance professional knowledge.
- Serves as Collection Development Liaison to university departments/programs.
- Actively participates in continuing education.
- Reports to Executive Director of the library.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership qualities including strong interpersonal and public communication skills.
Salary and Benefits: $50,000 https://jobs.uco.edu
Information on UCO’s Inclusive Community: https://www.uco.edu/offices/people-culture/inclusive-community/