The University Libraries at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) seeks an enthusiastic and user-centered professional to implement robust, reliable, and extensible information systems. The Systems Librarian is primary technology owner for UNL’s core discovery, delivery, resource management, and digital archiving and preservation tools. They collaborate extensively with colleagues across the UNL Libraries, the University of Nebraska Consortium of Libraries (UNCL), and University of Nebraska Information Technology Services (ITS) to plan and implement systems. They assume a key leadership role in re-defining workflows and processes as part of the 2020 migration from Innovative (Sierra) to Ex Libris (Alma and Primo) platforms.
The Systems Librarian joins the UNL Libraries at a time of change and renewal. For the first time, the UNCL Libraries will be on a shared library platform, and new leadership in the Libraries and at the University are opening new avenues for collaboration.
• Provides technical leadership for and management of a suite of information systems, primarily Alma, Primo, and Rosetta, but including other systems used for authentication, digital content management, description and discovery.
• Serves as lead contact with systems vendors and university data partners, troubleshooting bugs, and managing data exchange, systems integrations, systems security, upgrades and maintenance.
• Directs systems-related projects and leads team meetings.
• Collaborates extensively with colleagues in program and technologies areas to optimize systems.
• Prepares and maintains systems logs, reports, and statistical data to assist in evidence-based decision making
• Participates in governance of shared systems through the University of Nebraska Consortium of Libraries, and in related collective activities with the Big Ten Academic Alliance, HathiTrust, Center for Research Libraries, and related groups.
• Actively engages in anti-racist work to advance inclusive excellence and redress systemic inequities.
• Contributes to the knowledge base of the profession through scholarly, professional, and service activities appropriate for the appointment type and rank.
Salary: Librarians in the University Libraries have faculty status; the successful candidate will be hired at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor (tenured/tenure-leading). The minimum salary for this position is $60,000.