The Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library Electronic Resources librarian is collaborative, proactive, and service-oriented and applies innovative approaches to electronic resources and collections operations. This position is responsible for providing leadership for strategic development and management of the life cycle of new and existing electronic resources, discovery tools, and cataloging for all library resources in all formats. The librarian proactively solicits input from faculty students, and staff, adeptly promotes HSL collections and resources, and skillfully responds to Health Sciences campus resource needs. Reporting to the Director, this accomplished professional will join a small and dynamic team of talented librarians and capably manage change in an evolving technological environment.
- Develop and manage a robust collection of electronic books, article databases, journals and other resources in support of stakeholder needs and University strategic mission
- Lead cataloging and discovery services operations by setting well-articulated goals in concert with the Library mission. Communicate goals and policy to faculty, staff, and students
- Maintain timely and accurate metadata about the library’s resources in a variety of systems, such as the Integrated Library System (ILS), the Electronic Resource Management System (ERMS), link resolver, A-Z lists, and discovery tool
- Manage internal software including EZProxy, Serials Solutions, and Primo/Alma
- Design and manage collections budget to ensure judicious and timely expenditure of funds
- Apply usage statistics and other assessment data to identify needs, evaluate current and potential licenses and to support renewals, alternative access options, and withdrawal
- Provide detailed collection policies that define the scope and level of collections and effectively communicate them to stakeholders
- Establish and document workflows, processes, and best practices for electronic resources acquisition, licensing, implementation, assessment, and budget
- Develop and maintain productive and positive relationships with vendors, colleagues, faculty, students and staff
All applications must be submitted online: https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/11760 and include a letter of application and a curriculum vitae. Relocation assistance will not be provided. The position will remain open until filled.