LAC Group is seeking an innovative, experienced Acquisitions/Electronic Resources Librarian for an opportunity at a prominent scientific institution in northern New Mexico! The selected candidate will work collaboratively across project teams in support of scientists and engineers to proactively develop and manage library collections. The organization offers excellent compensation plus a generous benefits package which includes onsite cafeterias, medical and fitness facilities and education assistance programs! This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, forward-thinking information professional.
- Acquisition and maintenance of library collections including books, online journals, databases and other scholarly resources.
- Analyze collection usage and cost data to make appropriate recommendations and support the retention, renewal and purchasing decisions for electronic resources and overall management of collection budgets;
- Stay abreast of current research products and trends and educate institution faculty on library products and services;
- Work with vendors to negotiate license agreements for electronic resources and coordinate demonstrations and training;
- Troubleshoot electronic resources access issues;
- Bachelor’s degree plus MLIS (ALA accredited preferred) and a minimum two plus years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstrated library acquisitions, collection development, library instruction and resource analysis skills;
- Two plus years’ experience with collection budget management and ability to apply GAAP to industry standards and budget workflows;
- Knowledge of standard acquisitions models and knowledge of the electronic resources lifecycle;
- Understanding of copyright and fair use as related to electronic resources;
- Working knowledge of a variety of scholarly communication services (e.g. open access, digital preservation, copyright and funding agency requirements;
- Experience and/or educational background in a STEM-related discipline;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment;
- Familiarity with Ex Libris Alma and Primo is preferred