University Libraries, Reese Library, Summerville Campus
Reese Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Cataloging and Metadata Librarian at the faculty rank of Instructor. Working under the direction of the Associate Director of Reese Library, this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position has the primary responsibility of managing catalog and metadata processes for the University Libraries’ integrated library system (ALMA) including policy planning and development, quality control, and maintenance of records and access points within the broader context of the strategic plans and goals of the University Libraries as well as Augusta University.
- American Library Association (ALA)-accredited Master’s degree in Library Science.
- Experience in cataloging library resources.
- Experience with ALMA or another integrated library system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role.
- Ability to work collaboratively in an academic community.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current developments and trends in academic libraries.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development through scholarly research and through participation and leadership in professional associations.
- Experience serving diverse communities.
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits include a competitive health package, Tuition Assistance Program, campus wellness facilities, Perks at Work discount program, Teachers’ Retirement System, and other retirement options.
To be formally considered for employment at Augusta University, applications must be submitted electronically and must include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For more information, and to apply for the position (Job ID #217430), please go to https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty/