Title: Humanities Liaison Librarian
- ALA-accredited master’s degree or equivalent advanced degree.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Knowledge of trends and best practices in academic library instruction.
- Demonstrated commitment to user services.
- Subject knowledge and experience with one or more humanities disciplines.
- One or more years of teaching experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in a robust library instruction program, providing in-person and online library instruction for the general education program and courses in the humanities, especially in the English Department.
- Work collaboratively with university humanities and library faculty to develop innovative and effective approaches to strengthening student information literacy skills.
- Develop relationships with faculty and in-depth knowledge of the curriculum and research of the assigned departments.
- Collaboratively develop and participate in library outreach and engagement programs.
- Develop and manage collections (electronic, multimedia, and print) in relevant disciplines to support the research and teaching needs of faculty and students.
- Assist users in person and online with finding information, conducting research, and using the Library’s resources.
- Engage with a dynamic university community using both traditional research methods and emerging modes of scholarship and pedagogies.
- Meet library faculty guidelines for promotion and tenure, including requirements for scholarship and service to the library, the university, and the profession.
For more information and to apply: https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/23794
For any questions, contact the Committee Chair, Hannah Pope at firstname.lastname@example.org.