The Electronic Resources Librarian will support and contribute to learning and discovery by actively participating in the management of the life cycle of Vanderbilt University’s licensed scholarly electronic resources, ensuring continued access through and between all library-supported user gateways.
Job responsibilities include
- Proactively and accurately manage technical and administrative changes related to electronic resource access.
- Resolve problems arising from the use of electronic resources and respond to end-user reported issues with licensed electronic resources in a timely manner.
- Coordinate work with other library departments, database providers, vendors, and publishers to ensure understanding of licensed electronic resources (i.e., library packages, orders, and other entitlements), in order to take appropriate actions to effectively manage these resources.
- Demonstrate leadership by identifying and staying abreast of emerging education and linking technologies, related e-resource and bibliographic standards, interoperability, and other technical issues relating to the acquisition, licensing, access, and usage of electronic resources.
- Participate in the training of other staff to assist in e-resource management.
- Participate in the recommendation and implementation of new approaches to electronic resource management, including presentation to users, facilitating the seamless delivery of information supporting research and learning at all levels.
- Assist in the coordination and review process for licenses and the day-to-day licensing workflow in order to ensure seamless and favorable access to electronic resources.
- Serve on library-wide committees and working groups to promote electronic resource management best practices and tools.
For more information and to apply, visit https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901514. Applications received by Sept 13, 2019 will be given first consideration.