Reporting to the Associate Director and in support of the mission of the Harvard Kennedy School (HKS), the Data and eResources Librarian leads the advancement of licensed content and collections and the expansion and inclusion of data services and programming for students and staff at LKS. Actively participates in research and instruction and outreach activities across HKS as well as represents LKS on relevant Harvard Library Committees and working groups.
- Takes the lead on investigating and analyzing complex e-resources, data, products and subscriptions, including conducting regular and ad hoc data reporting on usage of eResources, making recommendations to the Director and Associate Director on acquisitions and renewals, and communicating out changes and updates to the relevant LKS staff.
- Works with relevant LKS (and Harvard Library) staff to build and facilitate access to an outstanding collection of information resources, increasingly digital and interdisciplinary in scope, in support of current and future research, teaching and knowledge creation at HKS and across the University.
- Maintains and shares in-depth knowledge in the identification, assessment, and implementation of trends and emerging technologies that strategically advance the LKS’ mission.
- Serves as a resource to faculty, staff, and students on issues of research computing, data curation and management and assumes an active role in learning about emerging trends and practices.
- Participates in library outreach and instruction activities at HKS and the University, in close collaboration and coordination with the Manger of User Services and Engagement, including providing orientations and research support to students, faculty and staff, as well as developing stronger partnerships with relevant departments and initiatives at HKS.
- Investigates, implements, and maintains an assessment plan to report on core LKS activities, such as course instruction.
- Represents LKS on relevant Harvard Library and Harvard data-related groups to advance LKS’ work to meet the changing needs of our community.
To view full details and apply visit Data & eResources Librarian