The University of Wyoming Libraries seek applicants for a Discovery & Metadata Librarian position. This position provides leadership to ensure access to materials acquired by the Libraries and a streamlined discovery experience for users.
- Develop and assess efficient workflows for the enhancement of library discovery service.
- Coordinate ILS data exports for system synchronization between multiple discovery systems, accreditation, reporting, statistics, and as requested. Work with Library IT on automation of processes where possible.
- Monitor trends and best practices in resource description formats and linked data.
- Coordinate database maintenance projects both bulk and manual.
- Bulk data editing, profiling, loading and post-load editing of MARC records to our Sierra system. Configuration and documentation of editing and loading practices.
- Train appropriate personnel, chiefly cataloging staff, to participate in projects.
- Coordinate with Electronic Resources Librarian on record acquisition.
- Work with outsourced cataloging vendors on configurations, changes, and questions referred by cataloging staff.
As a member of the library faculty, the successful candidate is expected to pursue and active and ongoing program of research, service and professional development. This position reports to the Assistant Dean for Resource Discovery & Management.
- ALA-accredited MLS, MLIS, or equivalent
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in cataloging and record manipulation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with librarians and staff from multiple library units and to work as a team
- Experience with MARC, RDA, LCC, OCLC, and an integrated library system
- Knowledge of MARCEdit for manipulation of MARC records
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in cataloging and catalog record manipulation.
- Knowledge of an additional MARC data manipulation tools, such as OpenRefine, PyMARC, etc.
- Knowledge of linked data
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
For complete information and to apply, visit http://bit.ly/2SBChFN