The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University seeks an Acquisitions Assistant. The Acquisitions Assistant performs highly detailed activities related to acquiring and making available to users the library resources necessary to support learning and research at Vanderbilt. This requires specialized knowledge of MARC records, vendor systems and provider platforms, vendor relations, and software related to this work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review orders and import or create appropriate MARC records to library catalog.
- Create purchase orders in the library or vendor system following a variety of workflows that vary based on vendor, funding, and material type. This may include vendor selection and communicating order details to the vendor.
- Process print and/or setup online access for new materials once available.
- Catalog bibliographic records for which the data match certain criteria.
- Create invoices for library materials in the library systems as part of the overall invoice payment workflow.
- Document procedures and take lead role in managing departmental web presence.
- Assist in training and day-to-day troubleshooting of acquisition or e-resource related issues.
- Participate fully in library and team-wide initiatives and goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University is comprised of nine libraries and the Fine Arts Gallery, as well as service departments in technical services, scholarly communications, IT infrastructure, and digital scholarship. We seek to create a welcoming environment and serve as a partner in research and scholarship. The libraries are dynamic places for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to reflect and discover. We also strive to be a workplace in which staff at every level continuously grow in knowledge and skills, staying abreast of advances and trends in librarianship to power relevant, vibrant research libraries.
To view the full description and apply, visit https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900220.