The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University seeks an Electronic Resources Librarian. The Electronic Resources Librarian reports to the Director of Acquisitions & E-Resources, a team within Collections Services. This position plays a vital role in purchasing, licensing, processing, and providing access to library materials in all formats.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolve problems arising from the use of electronic resources, proactively manage technical and administrative changes and respond to end-user reported issues with licensed electronic resources.
- Coordinate work with other library departments, database providers, vendors and publishers to ensure understanding of licensed electronic resources (i.e., library packages, orders and other entitlements), in order to take appropriate actions to effectively manage these resources.
- Demonstrate leadership by identifying and staying abreast of emerging education and linking technologies, related e-resource and bibliographic standards, interoperability and other technical issues relating to the acquisition, licensing, access and usage of electronic resources.
- Participate in the training of other staff to assist in e-resource management.
- Participate in the recommendation and implementation of new approaches to electronic resource management and presentation to users to facilitate the seamless delivery of information to support research and learning at all levels.
- Assist in the coordination and review process for licenses and the day-to-day licensing workflow.
- Serve on library-wide committees and working groups to promote electronic resource management best practices and tools.
The Jean and Alexander Heard Libraries at Vanderbilt University is comprised of nine libraries, as well as service departments in collection services, scholarly communications, IT infrastructure, and digital scholarship. We seek to create a welcoming environment and serve as a partner in research and scholarship. The libraries are dynamic places for faculty, staff, students, and alumni to reflect and discover. We also strive to be a workplace in which staff at every level continuously grow in knowledge and skills, staying abreast of advances and trends in librarianship to power relevant, vibrant research libraries.
To view the full description and apply, visit https://vanderuniv.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=1900269.