The Associate Dean of Libraries, Research and Academic Services, is a member of the Adelphi University Libraries senior leadership team responsible for the planning and delivery of strategic priorities across all its libraries, services, and functions. The Associate Dean will lead strategic planning, implementation, and continuous development of the Libraries’ new integrated service model designed to strongly support student-success and academic excellence. The Associate Dean will provide leadership of a unified, user-centered library spaces and services model that supports and enhance student engagement with scholarship, fosters experiential learning, and empowers students and faculty to create new knowledge in a creative and collaborative environment.
REPORTS TO: Dean of Libraries
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for leading and managing the ongoing development of a new library service model, that is unified, student-centered, deploys best use of staff time, and enables efficient quality service from all the face-to-face touchpoints within the Libraries system (access service desk, Research and Instruction unit, popup/ikiosks through campus).
- Work closely with the Associate Dean for Digital Initiatives and Automated Services and the Information Technology staff on developing service collaborations at existing and future technology service points (IT Help Desk, 3D Studio, and Emerging Technology Lab).
- Works in close collaboration with the Coordinator of Reference Services Librarian, Information Technology, and the Office of Academic Services and Retention.
- In collaboration with the Assessment Coordinator Librarian, continually assesses the effectiveness of the new service model and provides responsive leadership for redesigning and reshaping services using design-thinking principles to improve services and associated learning spaces to support student academic success.
- Provides integrated research and information services, fully deploying the online functionality of the reference transaction and analytics software for tiered referral of user inquiries among library faculty and administrators.
- In collaboration with the Coordinator of Instructional Services Librarian, provide administrative leadership for integrating library instruction with Learning and Writing Center support, deploying the EAB advising platform. Work closely with the Coordinator of Reference Services Librarian, IT-Help Desk staff, and Learning Writing Center staff on the coordination of scheduling of service touchpoints in the Libraries.
- Work closely with the Engagement and Inclusion Librarian on coordination of engagement activities related to user services. Supervises Coordinator of User Services and other administrators staffing user-facing service points in the Libraries.
- Proactively, identify Initiate and sustain key collaborations with emerging and existing key stakeholders to provide coherent, collaborative services and facilities in support of teaching, learning support and services provided.
- Works with standing student committees.
For full description and to apply: http://hr.adelphi.edu/position-openings/