The Electronic Resources & Serials Librarian is responsible for managing the library’s electronic resources (including but not limited to, databases, journals, books, and streaming video) and print serials throughout their lifecycle. The Librarian serves as the chair of the Collections Committee which is tasked with the managing the library’s electronic and physical collections as well as developing collection and acquisitions related policies and procedures.
This position is a member of the Access & Collection Services Team (ACST) and reports to the ACST Manager. ACST is responsible for acquiring, cataloging, and managing print and electronic materials. It is also responsible for building oversight and security, interlibrary loan, course reserves, circulation, and stacks maintenance.
- Masters’ degree from an American Library Association accredited library school or an advanced degree with relevant experience.
- Excellent communication skills working with faculty, staff, students, vendors, and colleagues
- Experience working with diverse groups
- Knowledge of the electronic resources and print serials life cycles
- Experience with Open URL linking technologies and/or authentication mechanisms
- Experience with Ex Libris’ Alma unified resource management system
- Experience with Ex Libris’ Primo discovery service
- Experience developing budgets and budget projections
- Familiarity with MARC 21 holdings records, standard enumeration and chronology
Please visit https://www.myu.umn.edu/psp/psprd/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1 for more information and to apply.