Reporting to the Coordinator of Acquisitions and Electronic Resources, the Electronic Resources Librarian ensures optimal and accurate access to subscription resources, including databases, electronic journals, and books. The Electronic Resources Librarian supports the development of new methods of subscription and resource acquisition and strives to increase available resources for the UA community. As a faculty librarian in Resource Acquisition & Discovery, this position contributes to the overall management of the area, helping to ensure completion of goals in an efficient manner in support of university and library strategic goals.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Managing subscription resources through the establishment of product trials, license review, access management, record maintenance, subscription renewal, and ongoing vendor relations.
- Collecting and reporting financial and statistics usage in various forms.
- Processing invoices in a timely manner.
Required Qualification Include:
- Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Prior academic library experience, 1-2 years preferred working with electronic resources.
- Detailed understanding of current models, practices, and tools used by academic libraries for the acquisition and management of e-resources.
Applications are accepted online only at https://facultyjobs.ua.edu. Click Search Positions. University Libraries in Organization drop down box. Please include your application, Curriculum Vitae, and names, addresses, phone numbers, and e- mail addresses of three references, including one current supervisor.
Applications received by August 9, 2018 are assured of receiving full consideration.
Full position posting is available at: https://facultyjobs.ua.edu/postings/43310