LAC Federal seeks a qualified Serials Bindery Assistant to work at a major federal library in Washington, D.C. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of serials records and experience working with an Integrated Library System. Work will be performed on-site. This is a full-time contract (40 hour a week; Monday – Friday), benefited position.
- Pulling selected serials titles from the stacks
- Preparing serial units for shipment to bindery
- Preparing digital bindery tickets
- Creating and updating bibliographic item records and holdings summaries
- Quality review of all pre-bindable units
- Prior experience working in library technical services
- Prior experience working with serials preferred
- Data entry and shelving experience
- Experience with binding software desirable
- Experience using an integrated library system, preferably Voyager
- Ability to analyze and identify serial patterns and records in multiple languages
- Must have working knowledge of one Baltic or Eastern European language
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to push 50 lbs.
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/go2WnS