Penfield Library at the State University of New York at Oswego invites applications for the position of Acquisitions Librarian. The Acquisitions Librarian will provide strong leadership and vision for the acquisition of library materials at a medium sized academic library undergoing exciting organizational and technological change.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Lead and provide vision for the acquisitions function, including establishing and communicating priorities and procedures and seeking ways to improve services and achieve efficiencies
- Manage the workflow of acquisitions in accordance with overall library goals and industry standards: conduct pre-order searching, ordering, receipt and verification of materials; monitor expenditures and fund allocations for all collections budgets; provide fiscal information and reports as needed
- Manage, train, and directly supervise staff
- Establish, evaluate, and maintain productive relationships with publishers, vendors, and consortial partners
- Manage process change and workflow shifts during migration to a new library services platform (Ex Libris Alma) and organizational changes
- Integrate acquisitions with cataloging workflows and act in a backup capacity for Cataloging/Serials functions
- Serve as liaison to assigned academic departments, with responsibility for subject specialized collection development and instruction
- Participate in Research Help Desk rotation for on-site and virtual reference, including some evening and weekend shifts
- Engage in educational opportunities and work to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.