In an academic environment where the arts are increasingly dynamic, evolving, and relevant, the Art and Design Librarian leads efforts to connect people, services, and content to a multifaceted faculty, student body, and community. The successful candidate will be proactive, user-centered and identify opportunities for library engagement with both digital and traditional arts scholarship, exhibitions, and projects, and will help lead University Libraries in creating a wide-ranging support agenda for arts research and scholarship across the University. The Librarian will promote engagement with the arts and design disciplines at the University, and specifically support scholarship in collaboration with other units and visual arts leaders in the campus community and in the Columbus area. The Librarian will liaison with the Wexner Center for the Arts, Hopkins Hall Gallery, ACCAD (Advanced Computer Center for the Arts and Design), and the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and Museum as they grow support of the visual and performing arts through its Arts Initiative. The Librarian will work with the Collections Strategist. The Librarian will be committed to supporting efforts to foster diversity and inclusion in library, university, and professional contexts. The candidate will have a capacity to thrive in a changing work environment and fulfill position expectations as outlined below. This position reports to the Head of the Arts Cohort.
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Head, Collection Development and Resource Access, Florida International University, Miami, FL
- Serials Acquisitions Specialist, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Discovery Services Librarian, SUNY Cortland, Cortland, NY
- Monographs Description Librarian, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC
- Serials Bindery Assistant, Washington DC
- Head of Metadata & Discovery, University of Connecticut, CT