The University of Prince Edward Island invites applications for an innovative, energetic Academic Librarian, with an aptitude for scholarly repositories and data management, traditional and emerging forms of scholarly dissemination, experience supporting health sciences, and a strong service orientation to fill a permanent-track position. This position is subject to budgetary approval.
Closing date is Friday, April 14.
Reporting to the University Librarian, the successful applicant will:
• Provide oversight for the library’s open access repositories – IslandScholar and data.upei.ca – by:
o Supporting campus scholars in sharing and preserving their publications, coordinating the deposit of scholarly output in appropriate repositories, and consulting on methods for meeting funder and/or publisher requirements;
o Collaborating with departments and the Office of Graduate Studies, coordinate the deposit of theses, graduate student projects, and undergraduate honours projects;
o Consulting with scholars on building and maintaining researcher profiles;
o Supporting campus scholars in the creation of research data management plans;
• Coordinate, develop, and promote activities related to the library’s scholarly communication initiatives;
• Serve as a Liaison Librarian for the Atlantic Veterinary College, Nursing, Applied Human Sciences and Biology programs with responsibilities including information literacy, delivering specialized information services, individual research consultations, collections development, preparing library reports for accreditation and academic program reviews, and budget oversight where appropriate;
• Be the point of contact for services such as Statistics Canada datasets and associated tools and citation management tools;
• Provide in-person and virtual reference service;
• Work collaboratively to investigate and evaluate best practices in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the library’s policies, goals, and procedures;
• Maintain an active and up-to-date awareness of initiatives and offerings in area of expertise, and apply this knowledge to local work;
• Participate in library, university, regional, and national committees and organizations as relevant;
• Perform supervisory duties.
Complete details at: http://www.upei.ca/hr/competition/10a17