BookOps is the shared technical services collaboration between the Brooklyn Public Library and the New York Public Library. BookOps coordinates the selection, acquisition, cataloging, processing and distribution of library materials for the BookOps member libraries.
Acquisitions is responsible for order verification, invoicing and payment for the Research and Circulating collections of the New York Public Library and the Brooklyn Public Library.
Under the direction of the Acquisitions Coordinator of E-Resources and Serials, works with Electronic Resources Coordinator in Selection and BookOps member libraries’ Collection Liaisons on new projects and initiatives to fulfill institutional goals.
- Supports all activities associated with the acquisitions and management of electronic resources.
- Coordinates the technical set-up of new acquisitions, prepares trials, and keeps account of renewals for E-Resource materials.
- Supervises the Acquisitions Staff in timely processing of E-Resource Invoices via the Integrated Library System (ILS).
- Provides maintenance for any BookOps member libraries knowledge base and electronic resources management system (ERM), whether commercial, homegrown, or open source, as concerns e-journal listings, e-book title lists, link resolvers, and MARC record services.
- Interfaces with cataloging colleagues to make sure bibliographic records for e-resources are delivered in a timely manner, meet institutional standards, and have accurate technical specifications for patron access.
- Partners with Serials Supervisor Librarian on maintenance and common issues related to electronic journal subscriptions.
- Troubleshoots vendor/provider related access issues.
- Collects usage data for statistical and management reports for the better monitoring of usage and works with E-Resources and Serials Coordinator on the design and presentation of these reports.
- Works with IT and/or telephone/chat reference groups to provide necessary support to staff and patrons.
- Assists E-Resources and Serials Coordinator and SimplyE team with ensuring vendor compliance with technical requirements for NYPL’s SimplyE app and other future institutional reading and discovery initiatives.
- Participates in forums, represents BookOps member libraries at events and monitors and communicates development and trends in downloadable and other E-Resources.
- Performs related duties as required.
For more information and to apply, visit https://jobs-nypl.icims.com/jobs/9531/electronic-resources-supervisor%2c-%28supervising-librarian%29/job .