In support of the NASA Scientific and Technical Information (STI) program, acts as the liaison to STI representatives from multiple NASA Centers, providing technical training and customer support. Applies effective communications strategies to ensure compliance with evolving policies related to document submission, authorization, and dissemination. Coordinates daily with various Center reps, management, and other team analysts to identify and resolve issues. Also assists with the operation and management of a customer Help Desk that supports both researchers and STI document managers. Prepares and delivers training presentations related to database-search and document-submission procedures to both small and large audiences. May also create descriptive metadata for scientific and technical documents, and provide critical review and evaluation of document markings and associated availability-authorization forms. Contributes to the on-going enhancement of business processes and tools. Works under limited supervision and uses independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides support to NASA Center STI staff and authors to ensure their understanding of and compliance with evolving policies related to document submission, authorization, and dissemination.
- Conducts on-going individualized and large-group training in both informal and formal settings. Prepares presentation content and graphics.
- Supports the operation and management of the NASA STI Information Desk; responds to queries; categories and assigns incoming inquiries.
- Works closely with management, Center reps, and other team analysts to identify and resolve problems related to document distribution authorizations.
- As part of the STI team, may help define and participate in outreach activities targeting NASA Centers, authors, and other stakeholders.
- Creates and enhances cataloging records for STI documents, including subject indexing using a controlled vocabulary.
- Recommends operational processing and systems improvements and enhancements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- BA or BS degree and 4 years experience in providing technical customer support and training
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences with specialization in customer communications or science librarianship
- Experience conducting technical training (proven proficiency in individual and large group presentations)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Customer/patron support experience
- US citizen
- Able to pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) investigation
- Experience in use and configuration of ServiceNow or similar platforms
- Experience in an information/library or R&D organization
- Experience with help-desk operations and management
- Advanced skills in Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of document management and descriptive cataloging
- Knowledge and experience with database searching and analysis
To inquire or apply for this position please contact:
Innovative Technologies, Inc