Atkins Library collects and manages thousands of electronic resources. In order to manage all of the electronic resources effectively, the library is implementing an Electronic Resources Management System (ERMS). The fellow will work with the Electronic and Continuing Resources Librarian and the Collection Development Librarian on creating workflows for adding information to the system, help populate the system, and code licenses to determine what information should be included. Through this work they will learn the intricacies of electronic resources management including acquisitions, licensing, and assessment and be prepared to perform this work in a professional capacity upon completion of the fellowship.
Preferred Education/Training, Experience, Skills/Competencies:
- Basic familiarity with the MARC cataloging format and cataloging
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with common subscription database collections at an academic library.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research best practices for electronic resource management.
- Populate ERMS with information about the libraries electronic resources collection.
- Create and update records of resources, licensing, organizations, and usages statistics in ERMS.
- Review, code, and organize the electronic resources license agreements and contracts.
- Gather, manage, and assess electronic resources COUNTER compliant usage statistics.
- Assist in creating workflow for future use of the ERMS and create guides instructing others on the workflow.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate responses to reports of access problems.
About the Program:
The Atkins Fellows program is an eleven-week summer residential fellowship for students at the mid-point of their Library, Archives, or Information Science degree program. It is designed to provide each Fellow who participates with a work experience that is focused on professional-level tasks, with high level of independence and creativity, while also supporting Atkins Library’s mission, goals, and initiatives.
Applications submitted by Tuesday, February 21 will receive first consideration.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://library.uncc.edu/atkinsfellows/positions#resourcesFellow