Position Announcement- Content Management Analyst
POSITION: Content Management Analyst
REPORTS TO: Lead, Sr. Technical Information Specialist
TYPE OF POSITION & FLSA STATUS: Regular/Full-time/ Exempt
EEOC Job Category: Professional
SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF JOB: In support of the NASA Scientific and Technical Information (STI) program, creates descriptive metadata for scientific and technical information (STI) documents that comprise the NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS). Analyzes technical documents and provides subject indexing and classification, and plays a supportive role in the maintenance of related authority files and terminology resources. Also performs critical review and evaluation of document markings and associated availability-authorization forms to determine the appropriate audience for document dissemination. May also support customer outreach, training, and Help Desk operations. Contributes to the on-going enhancement of production processes and tools. Works under limited supervision and uses independent judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides subject-term indexing and classification based on the NASA Thesaurus and other authority files
- Identifies candidate terminology for the NASA Thesaurus, and the NASA Scope and Subject Category Guide
- Creates and enhances cataloging records for STI documents
- Reviews and analyzes distribution authorization forms and corresponding document markings for dissemination requirements and distribution limitations
- Assists with customer Information Desk inquiries, including researching information on NTRS and making required back-file changes to existing metadata and images.
- May also provide support to STI operations at various NASA Centers in the form of outreach activities, and online and face-to-face training.
- Recommends operational processing and systems improvements and enhancements.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Professional Associations):
- BA or BS degree in a science or engineering discipline
Four years’ experience in subject indexing of scientific/technical literature
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Sciences with specialization in science librarianship
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- US citizen
- Able to pass a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) investigation
- Experience in creating and maintaining taxonomies or structured vocabularies (e.g., thesauri, ontologies, or classification schemes)
- Knowledge of descriptive cataloging
- Experience with group and one-on-one training and customer service
- Experience in a NASA or scientific and technical information environment
- Knowledge of Boolean search methods and experience with database analysis
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V