Western Kentucky University, located in Bowling Green, is taking applications for the next Dean of University Libraries, effective July 1, 2017.
The Dean is responsible for:
- Providing dynamic and creative leadership in a time of major transition for university libraries;
- Collaborating with university units to sustain a vibrant research, teaching and learning community;
- Overseeing faculty recruitment and professional development, including progress toward tenure and promotion;
- Supporting a culture of collegial governance which encourages a positive work/learning environment;
- Fostering an organizational and educational climate that promotes and celebrates diversity;
- Communicating effectively both internally and externally on behalf of the University Libraries;
- Cultivating fundraising opportunities in support of University Libraries programming in coordination with university development initiatives;
- Promoting and advocating a service-based organizational culture within University Libraries to address the needs of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community;
- Coordinating the administration of library personnel, fiscal, and physical resources;
Working in a collegial and collaborative manner with the other members of the Council of Academic Deans.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from ALA-accredited library program (or equivalent) and additional advanced degree;
- 5 or more years of progressive managerial/administrative experience in a research library or university library setting;
- A record of scholarly achievement appropriate for a position as a tenured full professor in one of the departments of the Libraries;
- Experience managing digital initiatives and collaborating with information technology units;
- A demonstrated record of fiscal management and fundraising;
- Strong communication, interpersonal and motivational skills;
- A strong background in, and commitment to, delivering library services to patrons with diverse needs; and
- A commitment to integrating library services with university curricula, academic support, information literacy, and research.
Details are available at: https://wku.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=79595