Head, Electronic and Continuing Resources
Leads a team of staff library professionals and/or assistants in managing the operations of the Electronic and Continuing Resources Unit. This position ensures adequate staffing, prompt processing of materials and activation of new e-resources, efficient resolution of access problems and print subscription claims, and the management of an Electronic Resources Management System. Recommends Unit staffing numbers and classification levels, implements Unit personnel actions: determines Unit procedures, workflows, schedules, goals, and priorities. Manages Unit GA and student budget and recommends training, software, and tools for staff use.
Serves as Berkeley’s Acquisitions Liaison to the California Digital Library. Serves as project manager for Berkeley’s openURL link resolver instances. Resolves electronic access problems; complex problems with serial and electronic orders and invoices; and performs other project-based work as needed. Also serves on Library-wide committees helping to develop policy relating to serials and electronic resources.
Analyzes, evaluates, interprets and revises or proposes revisions to established print and electronic serial processing guidelines within scope of assigned responsibilities.
Serials Processing: Oversees the Creation of documentation for serials processing procedures and functions, in both print and electronic format, setting goals and priorities for area of responsibility. For more details: http://las.lib.berkeley.edu/lhrd/jobs/staff-jobs/head-electronic-and-continuing-resources-22453
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC