The University of Iowa Libraries seeks an experienced, self-motivated, and transformative leader to guide the acquisitions functions for the University of Iowa Libraries. The librarian will formulate and execute strategic initiatives for the Acquisitions Department to manage a diverse portfolio of services. The University of Iowa Libraries has significant investments in journal packages, approval plans, e-books, and a DDA program. Reporting to the Associate University Librarian (AUL) for Collections, the Head of Acquisitions provides leadership for all acquisitions activities to ensure excellent customer service and timely access to information resources. The Acquisitions Department is responsible for the acquisition of print materials including purchasing for special collections, electronic resources, brief record creation, gift processing, and collection assessment projects. The department includes ten merit staff and one librarian. The unit leaders for monographs, serials, gifts, and electronic resources management report directly to the Head and supervise the staff in their functional areas.
- Metadata Services Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Resource Description Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Acquisitions and Discovery Cohort, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Licensing & Copyright Librarian, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Acquisitions and Cataloging Librarian , Copley Library, University of San Diego, CA
- Discovery & Library Analytics Librarian, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA