The M. Louis Salmon Library at the University of Alabama in Huntsville seeks an innovative, service-oriented individual for the position of Electronic Resources Librarian. The Electronic Resources Librarian will establish a leadership role in the management of the Library’s electronic resources. Working in close collaboration with personnel from various Library units, the ER Librarian coordinates support for the acquisition, processing, and maintenance of electronic resources throughout their life cycle. The successful candidate will oversee the maintenance of the Library’s electronic resource management (ERM) system, and the implementation of relevant portions of a new unified library management system (ULMS), Ex Libris’ Alma. The ER Librarian will implement new tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability. This librarian will also work collaboratively with subject and systems librarians to support electronic access and discovery of our resources. This 12-month faculty librarian position reports to the Library Director. The selected candidate will also provide reference assistance and other duties as needed.
- Head of Electronic Resources, Harvard, Cambridge, MA
- Scholarly Communication & Copyright Librarian, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Lecturer – Library Faculty Fellow, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Global Digital Humanities Librarian, OSU, Columbus, OH
- Librarian for Cultural Diversity Inquiry, OSU, Columbus, OH
- Scholarly Communications and Copyright Services Librarian, Digital Initiatives, UBC Library, Vancouver, Canada
- E-Resources Technology Specialist, Princeton University Library, Princeton, NJ