Texas A&M University Libraries seeks a dynamic and collaborative professional to join the Libraries as the Director of Electronic Resources. The Libraries have a healthy resource budget of nearly $14 million for electronic resources. The technical services units in the Libraries are experiencing a time of change with a complete renovation of their physical layout coming this summer. Additionally the Libraries plan to move to a new open-source library management system in two years, merging what are now separate academic and medical science catalogs.
This is a tenure-track or tenured academic appointment carrying full faculty status and responsibilities including research, publication, and service to meet both the Libraries’ and the University’s requirements for tenure and promotion.
The person in this leadership position must be a self-starter who will set the strategic direction for the unit. He or she will have proven assessment and negotiation skills, will have successfully led a functional area and demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with other units.
Reporting to the Dean through the Associate Dean for Information Resources, the Director of Electronic Resources leads the Electronic Resources unit. The Director will:
- Foster effective relationships with peers and stakeholders throughout the Libraries and University
- Help facilitate internal and external communications and resolve conflicts
- Be expected to cultivate an environment that promotes cooperation, creativity, innovation, continuous improvement, and accountability for results
- Encourage and support effective problem solving and decision making
- Oversee the development of best practices for successful license and access negotiation strategy, resource purchasing models, resource assessment, usage data analysis, and sustainable workflows and staffing models that support these activities
- Serve as Chair of the Electronic Resources Licensing team
Full ad available at http://library.tamu.edu/about/positions/pa_dir_elec_res_jun17.html