The Penn Libraries seek an innovative, experienced, and highly motivated individual to serve as E-Resources and Serials Acquisitions Librarian/Librarian B. Reporting to the Head, E-Resources and Licensing, Librarian will be a member of the Acquisitions Access and Licensing Department. Librarian is responsible for the access to and acquisition of serials in a variety of physical and online formats. Primary responsibilities include: working with publishers to verify coverage and access to subscribed content; analyzing and adjusting workflow, policies, and procedures; and working with subject specialists, faculty and staff on issues involving serials.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service; demonstrated interpersonal skills encompassing the ability to interact with a variety of colleagues and levels of staff; ability to use technology in creative ways to solve problems and create efficiencies; demonstrated ability to promote teamwork, equality, and inclusiveness; and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Oversee the acquisition of serials in all formats for the Libraries’ collections
- Establish and manage excellent publisher/vendor relationships, manage complex accounts
- Maintain data in the e-resource management system and discovery layer
- Work closely with Acquisitions Access and Licensing, Technical Services, and Collection Development and Analysis to acquire and maintain access to serials in all formats
- Oversee and adjust serials related workflows by engaging new technologies and enhancement opportunities
- Maintain policies and procedures related to serials acquisitions work across formats
- Foster an environment of effective communication and collaboration.
For more information and to apply, visit http://jobs.hr.upenn.edu/postings/17813