Comprehensive research university library at America’s creative crossroads in an affordable and vibrant city, seeks candidates with energy, creativity, flexibility, and strong communication skills for the position of Head of Electronic Resources and Acquisitions in the UMKC University Libraries.
The Head of Electronic Resources and Acquisitions manages library operations related to electronic resources management, acquisitions, and serials, and has primary responsibility for:
- Supervising staff and managing workflows related to electronic resources management, acquisitions, and serials
- Managing the tools that support work in these areas, including ILS functions, ERMs, knowledge bases, OpenURL linkresolvers, discovery tools, etc.
- Overseeing financial operations related to library acquisitions, including payment of invoices, budget tracking, financial reporting and reconciliation, and fiscal year close
- Maintaining effective relationships with library acquisitions and electronic resources vendors
- Negotiating vendor contracts and licenses
- Working with users and other library departments to improve the user experience in accessing and using collections and electronic resources
The position reports to the Director of Collections and Access Management.
For complete description and application details, please visit: http://library.umkc.edu/jobopenings
Applications received by July 3, 2015 will receive priority consideration
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer