Memorial University is seeking an energetic and resourceful Scholarly Communications Librarian to provide leadership in developing, managing and promoting the Libraries’ scholarly communications and copyright initiatives. The individual should enjoy interacting with people and be committed to a reflective professional practice that identifies needs, creates new solutions, and involves both team and individual working styles. We encourage applications from librarians who are attracted to an evolving workplace that strives to meet changing user needs and the long term requirements of research and scholarship.
- Creating awareness and promoting scholarly communication issues as they relate to Memorial University Libraries;
- Developing and supporting Open Access publication initiatives at Memorial University;
Continuing to build and advance the Memorial University Libraries research repository, including establishing or updating policies and procedures;
- Providing support for E‐journal hosting initiatives at Memorial University;
- Providing copyright oversight responsibilities as the Libraries’ campus representative and contact for all units dealing with copyright issues;
- Representing Memorial Libraries in regards to scholarly communication and copyright initiatives and activities in external forums.
For more information about the position and application procedures, visit http://www.library.mun.ca/media/MUNLibrary/pdf/ScholarlyCommunicationsLibrarian-FinalJobAd.pdf