Pacific University seeks an Electronic Resources Specialist. This position delivers leadership in providing access to traditional and emerging electronic collections. In addition to managing the complexity of traditional electronic collections, this position also collaboratively works on special projects to prepare for and create the future of Pacific’s electronic collections.
In the rapidly changing landscape of electronic resources, this position requires flexibility and adaptation to changing technologies, audiences, and outcomes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews, monitors, and advises library community on unusually complex purchasing plans. Maintains subscription vendor relationship.
- Monitors budget lines, the ongoing commitment of funds, and provides financial reports using the integrated library system.
- Catalogs and maintains accurate serials records within institutional, national, and international systems.
- Monitors and responds in a timely manner to title changes, variances, splits, updates and merges to promote discovery and prevent disruptions in access.
- Oversees vendor administrative accounts and proxy server to ensure access and promote prevention of access outages.
- Troubleshoots and resolves electronic resource access issues.
- Ensures receipt of resources and files claims in a timely and productive manner.
- Gathers, analyzes and delivers statistical data from various sources not limited to vendor sites, the integrated library system and the proxy server.
- Leads annual projects for collection maintenance such annual renewal, major cancellation, deselection, and vendor transfer.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises student assistants.
- Contributes to the advancement of the Libraries’ mission through service on local and regional committees.
For more information about the position and application procedures, visit http://www.pacificu.edu/about-us/offices/human-resources/employment/available-positions/1271-electronic-resources-specialist