K-State Libraries invite applications and nominations for two Digital Scholarship Librarians. To support the university’s goal of becoming a top-50 public research university by 2025, these positions will work collaboratively to grow the center’s publishing, copyright, and data services; support the institutional repository, K-State Research Exchange (K-REx), and online publishing imprint, New Prairie Press (NPP); engage campus content providers; and provide education and guidance on digital scholarship. These are forward-thinking, innovative roles for individuals with a desire to excel in a range of cutting-edge digital scholarship initiatives, including building and managing born-digital or digitized content; advocating for open access (OA); and identifying opportunities to support the research and publication lifecycle. We are seeking individuals with knowledge of contemporary digital library standards for all formats.
- Work independently and collaboratively with colleagues to meet current digital scholarship demands and discover future campus needs related to the creation and dissemination of digital scholarship, engaging library staff experts in projects as appropriate.
- Initiate, build and nurture excellent relationships with a diverse community within the university, as well as external partners, in support of digital scholarship services.
- Develop or propose new workflows and tools to support effective, innovative and sustainable digital scholarship. Upon implementation review and evaluate impact of changes.
- Stay abreast of emerging, innovative trends and technologies, standards, publishing models, digital scholarship developments and related legislative initiatives and evaluate their adaptation to improve the local environment.
- Through face-to-face and virtual environments, provide outreach, education, workshops, promotion, and consultations to the campus community about copyright/fair use, authors’ rights, K-REx, NPP, publishing, OA, and other digital scholarship topics.
For more information about the position and application procedures, visit http://www.lib.k-state.edu/digital-scholarship-librarian