The University of Nevada, Las Vegas invites applications for this new position of Assistant Head of Continuing Resources and Collections with a primary focus on e-resources and subscription management
Reporting to the Head of Continuing Resources and Collections (CRaC), this position will be responsible for the department areas of acquisition and management of continuing resources, providing leadership and vision for the lifecycle management of the Libraries’ licensed and subscribed content and evolving existing workflows and strategies to move the department forward. This role will lead and coordinate all activities associated with the management of the Libraries’ electronic resources and continuing subscription collections including acquisition, licensing, access, discovery and maintenance. Responsibilities of this position will include:
- Lead the department’s e-resource and subscription team, consisting of five staff members – 2 Library Faculty (including the incumbent) , 1 Professional Faculty and 2 FTE Classified staff members
- Managing and coordinating workflows associated with the acquisition and maintenance of serials and e-resources. Redesigning workflows as necessary to enhance efficient and effective access to resources and establishing procedures to document workflows
- Proactively working with staff to provide goals, expectations, clearly assigned tasks and establishing best practices in concert with division needs and priorities around e-resource and serial acquisition and management
- Working in a team structure led by the Head of CRac the incumbent will negotiate and execute license agreements and contribute to evolving practices to map license terms, track active, expiring and expired licenses and collate license agreements with associated resources and title lists.
- In collaboration with the Head of CRaC assist with budget management by providing expenditure projections for licensed and subscribed content, monitor expenditure of the $6.5M+ collections budget, manage serials vendor accounts and provide data as needed to assist in evaluation of resources
- Establish and maintain communications with external service providers, including publishers, vendors, consortia, content providers, and technology suppliers and collaborate internally with library staff in other departments and Liaison Librarians to provide optimal access to resources for the University community.
- Serve as a member of the Collection Development Committee to provide expertise on e-resource management and access, and subscription budget planning
- UNLV Libraries does not have an ERM tool, but is considering moving to a next generation Library Services Platform (LSP). This role will be integral to the implementation of the ERM components of such a system or will be tasked with assessing alternate options if a new LSP is not chosen.
To apply, visit https://hrsearch.unlv.edu/, and choose “Assistant Head of Continuing Resources and Collections” from the list of Faculty vacancies.