Clemson University Libraries seek an inquisitive and service-oriented professional to coordinate all aspects of cataloging for electronic resources. The Electronic Resources Cataloger reports to the leader of the Electronic Resources Team within the Technical Services and Collection Management Unit and supervises one staff member. This is a 12-month tenure-track position with faculty rank and status. Clemson library faculty participate in library-wide planning and governance and are active in professional organizations.
Coordinates and manages all aspects of cataloging for growing collections of electronic resources including e-books, databases, e-journals, streaming videos, downloadable audiobooks and other electronic formats.
- Manages access to e-resources using various applications, such as Innovative’s Millennium ILS and the ProQuest suite of products (Intota, 360).
- Ensures consistent indexing and accuracy of holdings to enhance findability and display of library holdings across multiple platforms, including the library’s catalog and discovery services.
- Implements policies and procedures that promote effective workflow for e-resource management and access.
- Applies knowledge of current cataloging, classification, and structural standards, such as MARC21, AACR2, RDA, LCSH, LCC, FRBR.
- Investigates and resolves problems with access, findability, and display of e-resources.
- Collaborates with member libraries and administrators of PASCAL (Partnership Among South Carolina Academic Libraries) regarding access to statewide resources.
- Coordinates problem resolution and record management with vendors/publishers.
- Collaborates with library staff to enhance user experience and access to various e-resources.
Application process: Please submit the following in a single PDF document (filename: “Lastname_ERCataloger.pdf”): a letter of interest directly addressing the requirements for the position; professional résumé; names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references electronically to Ms. Kristy Snider, email@example.com. Review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications received by April 30, 2015 will be guaranteed consideration.