The University of Central Florida Libraries seeks a dynamic and forward-thinking librarian to shape future user-centered services at one of the largest public universities in the country. Under the general direction of the Associate Director for Information Services and Scholarly Communication, the Scholarly Communication Librarian collaborates with other library departments and campus units to develop, implement, and promote services and programming that support research and scholarly publishing at the University.
This position will lead a group of library faculty and staff interested in Scholarly Communication issues, provide internal training to Subject Librarians and education and information to the University community, and facilitate discussions about the changing scholarly publishing environment, including the move toward Open Access and sustainable publishing. The Scholarly Communication program at UCF is unique in that it supports a wide array of research and publishing activities (http://library.ucf.edu/ScholarlyCommunication/ ). The Scholarly Communication Librarian also may serve as a Subject Librarian for an academic program.
- Sets goals and determines the direction of the Scholarly Communication program; develops, implements, and maintains the Libraries’ Scholarly Communication program and initiatives.
- Leads efforts to extend SC programming to the campus community, including University administration, faculty, graduate students and selected undergraduate populations; provides outreach, workshops, and consultations to the campus community about authors’ rights, publishing options, Open Access, and other issues related to Scholarly Communication.
- Partners with Digital Initiatives and Subject Librarians to promote and populate the institutional repository.
- Collaborates with library and campus partners to build services in support of the scholarly publishing lifecycle.
- Serves as contact person for Scholarly Communication questions and issues and works in close association with other library faculty who support scholarly publishing services, such as the Metadata Librarian, the Scholarly Communication Advisory Group, and Subject Librarians.
- Plans and implements training and professional development opportunities for librarians on all aspects of the scholarly publishing process; works with librarians to integrate Scholarly Communication topics into their disciplinary assignments.
- Furthers the goals of the Information Services and Scholarly Communication division; assists the Associate Director with development of division-wide services and initiatives.
- May serve as Subject Librarian to one or more University programs or departments, which includes outreach, instruction, consultations, and collection development for assigned areas.
- Participates in library and university activities and committees, is professionally active, and engages in scholarly activities appropriate to rank.
To Apply: For position number 37659 submit a letter of application addressing the stated qualifications, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references at http://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/41000 by the closing date, April 2, 2015. Review of applications will begin immediately. Questions may be directed to Search Chair, Dr. P. Beile, pbeile @ ucf.edu. Searches are conducted in accordance with the state of Florida open-records laws. UCF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.