Position Available: As soon as possible after closing date of search. This is for a regular 100%, 12-month Academic Professional position in the University Library.
Duties and Responsibilities: The University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign seeks an innovative and knowledgeable professional to serve in the position of E-Serials Bibliographic Control Specialist. This entry-level position will primarily focus on bibliographic control for electronic serials, with duties also extending to electronic resources of all types. Under the direction of the Head of Content and Access Management (CAM), s(he) is to develop and establish efficient work procedures and maintain high standards of both quality and production of bibliographic control for the Library’s large collection of electronic resources. The E-Serials Bibliographic Control Specialist will work in the CAM unit within the Technical Services Division. The incumbent will work in a team environment with those faculty and staff responsible for the cataloging and management of e-resources.
The E-Serials Bibliographic Control Specialist:
- Establishes and helps implement e-serials bibliographic control best practices and workflows in conjunction with Acquisitions ordering staff and the E-Resources Librarian
- Performs bibliographic control duties for electronic resources including adding, updating, and correcting bibliographic and holding records
- Participates in and leads meetings relating to cataloging and bibliographic control issues for electronic resources, including policy, workflow, and special projects
- Helps investigate additional solutions for bibliographic control of electronic resources including using vendor records, ONIX feeds, MarcEdit, and the MARCIt service
- Designs and implements record loads for electronic resources
- Identifies, evaluates, and stays current with emerging trends, practices, and standards in cataloging, metadata, electronic resources, discovery, and user behavior that have potential for enhancing access to electronic resources. Shares knowledge, as needed, with appropriate staff and colleagues
To Apply: To ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information including email addresses for three professional references. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For questions, please call: 217-333-8169.
Deadline: In order to ensure full consideration we urge candidates to submit application materials on or before March 23, 2015