Responsibilities: To support the rapid expansion of its online collections, the Libraries at the University of Central Florida (UCF) seek a service-oriented Electronic Resources Librarian to join a dedicated team that works collaboratively to provide access to its online resources. This Electronic Resources Librarian will report to the Head of Acquisitions and Collection Services and will work with staff and librarians primarily in the Acquisitions and Cataloging departments to ensure consistent and reliable access to online resources. The person in this position will be engaged in all aspects of online resources at UCF, including acquisition, licensing, cataloging, troubleshooting, and ongoing bibliographic maintenance. As a key member of the E-Resources Team, the person in this position will help patrons and librarians resolve access issues. Responsibilities also include general technical support and usage analysis. The Electronic Resources Librarian will work closely with the librarians responsible for e-resource management and cataloging and help develop effective workflows between departments. Librarians at UCF have faculty status (non-tenure eligible) and contribute to the University’s service and research mission.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited institution, earned no later than January 31, 2015
- Experience with electronic books, serials, streaming videos, and other media.
- Strong user focus.
- Cataloging and bibliographic maintenance experience.
- Familiarity with AACR2, RDA, and FRBR.
- Experience in an academic research library.
- Ability to solve problems in a team environment.
- Experience with Ex Libris’ Aleph system or other ILS.
- Experience with EDS or other discovery service and an understanding of the issues and trends in resource discovery.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Broad familiarity with current issues in scholarship and academic libraries.
- Aptitude for working and communicating in a cross-departmental, multi-cultural team environment.
- Interest in open access and emerging trends in scholarly communication.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Commitment to research and ongoing professional development
Environment: The University of Central Florida is the nation’s second largest public university, enrolling over 60,000 students and offering ninety-two bachelor’s, eighty-three master’s, and thirty-one doctoral programs. The UCF Libraries house a collection of more than 2.2 million volumes and 44,000 serials, and is a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time staffing of 116 includes forty-four faculty librarians. For more information about the UCF Libraries seelibrary.ucf.edu.
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a twelve month, non-tenure track faculty position with excellent benefits, twenty-two days of paid annual leave, thirteen sick days, nine holidays and no state income tax.
To Apply: For position number 37209, submit a letter of application addressing the stated qualifications, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references at https://www.jobswithucf.com/postings/40685 by the close date of March 12, 2015. Review of applications will begin immediately. Questions may be directed to Search Chair Kristine Shrauger (email@example.com). Searches are conducted in accordance with the state of Florida open-records laws. UCF is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.