The Electronic Resources Manager in the Purdue University Libraries Acquisitions Department provides significant management in the licensing, acquisitions and renewals of databases for the Purdue University Libraries. This position reports to the Electronic Resources Librarian.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two years library or office experience.
- Demonstrated skills in time management.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, flexibility, and an innovative approach to working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively as part of a team as well as independently in a wide variety of tasks.
- Intermediate skills in Word and Excel.
- Graduate degree from an ALA-accredited Library school.
- Experience working with electronic resources management combined with a broad understanding of technical services operations.
- Recent relevant library experience, preferably in acquisitions.
- Demonstrated experience and/or exposure to the use of current serials and electronic resource best practices and trends.
- Demonstrated initiative and understanding of issues related to licensing, copyright, and digital rights management.
- Experience managing or troubleshooting electronic resources.
- Experience using staff interface of a unified library management system or next generation system such as Aleph, Alma, or OCLC WorldShare.
- Experience with a web-scale discovery service such as ExLibris’s Primo, OCLC WorldCat Local, or Ebsco’s Discovery Service.
- Experience with proprietary database/resource administrative modules.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.purdue.edu/hr/careers. The job posting number for reference purposes is: 1403024