University of Texas at Tyler Library invites applications for the position of Head of Electronic Resources and Collection Development. This position oversees all aspects of electronic resource management and coordinates the acquisition, collection development, management and evaluation of library resources.
Essential functions include:
- Oversee administrative functions of purchasing, licensing, and acquiring access to electronic resources including evaluation of resources and fiscal duties associated with electronic resources management. Maintains access to and supports interconnectivity of online resources via a link resolver and serials management tools, such as Ebsco’s LinkSource and A to Z List. Oversee the implementation and population of an open source ERM (CORAL).Troubleshoots access issues with Library Systems.
- Oversee the review and implementation of collection policies. Coordinate and support the work of librarian liaisons in collection development and management activities. Facilitate evaluations of holdings for academic accreditation reviews. Analyze material usage statistics from a variety of sources,e.g., KOHA (ILS), EBSCO A to Z (link resolver) and COUNTER reports.
- Work with the Library Director and other Department Heads to provide effective leadership and enhance communication and cooperation among all library staff and within the university community.
- Oversee the acquisitions and renewal of all library materials including firm orders, standing orders, print serials, and electronic resources. Prepare fiscal year budget and oversee encumbrance and expenditure of funds for all library materials.
- Oversee cataloging and metadata management for all materials in the general collection; including books, ebooks, audiovisual materials, music scores, databases, and serials in print and online.Oversee periodicals to ensure receipt, claiming, and processing of print periodicals; facilitate “check-in” and cataloging of electronic serials.Train, supervise and evaluate full-time employees.
For more information and to apply, visit https://zhr-candidate-ada.shared.utsystem.edu/psp/ZHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL/?tab=PAPP_GUEST&SiteId=12, position 10037012-Professional Librarian.