University of Colorado, Denver seeks a Library E-Resources Access Manager.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Work closely with library systems (Serials Solutions, Innovative), database vendors (EBSCO, Proquest, Gale), and publishers (Oxford, Cambridge) to follow and create best practices for troubleshooting electronic access problems for Auraria Library’s growing electronic collection.
- Resolve users’ daily issues with electronic access in a timely, professional, and courteous manner.
- Analyze daily user access issues to uncover and diagnose larger, systemic issues, for example, issues affecting off-campus access, online security, mobile devices, and platform changes.
- Investigates, develops, and implements proactive workflows and processes to identify electronic access issues before they become problems.
- Maintains and monitors aspects of Serials Solutions, library databases, and other library software and systems, especially including new enhancements of these systems that affect library access.
- Serves as Auraria Library’s point person for electronic resources access issues.
- Leads the Troubleshooting Team, a cross departmental committee of library staff dedicated to identifying and resolving electronic access issues.
- Contributes to the collaborative, customer service oriented, and team-based environment that strives to provide unimpeded and timely access to electronic materials for students, faculty, and staff.
- And various other duties or tasks as assigned and/or needed.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/88482.