Austin Community College is seeking a head librarian for Technical Services. In addition to a competitive salary, there is a stipend for this position.
The successful candidate:
- Provides leadership, management and supervision of the college’s Technical Services and Automation (TSLA) department and those functions within Library Services.
- Manages/oversees collection development functions of Library Services overall (9 campuses in 2013) including acquisitions, processing and cataloging for print, audiovisual and digital resources.
- Participates in the design of existing and new campus library collections (2 campuses in 2014) and the integration of new materials budgets into the overall Library Services budget.
- Coordinates the management and supervision of TSLA human resources functions including hiring, training and supervising technical services and automation faculty and staff.
- Participates in the design of and monitors annual library materials budget and assists in the process of designing materials budget for new campuses.
- Provides backup support for library technology/systems and ensures the integrity of the library’s online public access catalog.
- Is committed to innovative delivery of library services to better serve students, faculty and staff.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www5.austincc.edu/ehire/posting/online_version.php?job_num=1311024.