UPDATED: Deadline extended to June 11. Kansas State University Libraries invite applications and nominations for the position of Head, Content Development and Acquisitions Department. This position provides leadership and vision for the department (comprised of print and electronic serials and monographic acquisitions, licensing of e-resources, interlibrary loan, resource linking, and collection development/management) while managing human and financial resources to ensure efficient operations. In order to meet the strategic goals of the libraries and Kansas State University, innovative thinking about library resources that includes digital collections, patron driven acquisition, content creation, and support/analysis of open access is imperative. This full-time tenure track position reports to the Assistant Dean for Content Management and Scholarly Communications and works collaboratively with other library departments. The candidate should demonstrate a commitment to scholarly/creative activities and professional service necessary for pursuing tenure at Kansas State University Libraries. The head participates in daily operations of the department and also as a member of divisional and library-wide groups, task forces, and project teams as appropriate, including the Libraries’ Strategic Leadership Council. To be successful in this position, the incumbent must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills to establish and maintain productive working relationships. See the complete ad at: http://ksulib.typepad.com/jobs/2014/04/head-content-development-and-acquisitions-department.html
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC