The cataloger is responsible for creating original cataloging for all newly acquired continuing resources in all formats. The Library is an active contributor to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), contributing to the national efforts of CONSER, BIBCO, NACO, and SACO; therefore, all descriptive cataloging is performed in accordance with national standards. The cataloger also performs the regular metadata maintenance associated with continuing resources, required not only to assure accurate, clear, and usable data, but to also promote access and discoverability. The cataloger should expect to work not only with current materials, but also materials that span the existing historical holdings of the Library’s collection.
- Metadata Services Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Resource Description Manager, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Electronic Resources/Collection Development Librarian, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, PA
- Acquisitions and Discovery Cohort, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Licensing & Copyright Librarian, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Acquisitions and Cataloging Librarian , Copley Library, University of San Diego, CA
- Discovery & Library Analytics Librarian, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA