The cataloger is responsible for creating original cataloging for all newly acquired continuing resources in all formats. The Library is an active contributor to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), contributing to the national efforts of CONSER, BIBCO, NACO, and SACO; therefore, all descriptive cataloging is performed in accordance with national standards. The cataloger also performs the regular metadata maintenance associated with continuing resources, required not only to assure accurate, clear, and usable data, but to also promote access and discoverability. The cataloger should expect to work not only with current materials, but also materials that span the existing historical holdings of the Library’s collection.
- Assistant Library Director II for Resource Acquisitions Resource & Collections Strategy Services, Wayne State University, Detroit MI
- Part-time E-Resources Bibliographic Control Assistant, DePaul University, Chicago IL
- Acquisition and Description Librarian, Duke Kunshan University (China)
- Electronic Resources Management Librarian, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian (Database Management Specialist), University of Miami Libraries, Coral Gables, FL
- Head of Acquisitions Services, Penn State University Libraries, University Park, PA
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL