The cataloger is responsible for creating original cataloging for all newly acquired continuing resources in all formats. The Library is an active contributor to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), contributing to the national efforts of CONSER, BIBCO, NACO, and SACO; therefore, all descriptive cataloging is performed in accordance with national standards. The cataloger also performs the regular metadata maintenance associated with continuing resources, required not only to assure accurate, clear, and usable data, but to also promote access and discoverability. The cataloger should expect to work not only with current materials, but also materials that span the existing historical holdings of the Library’s collection.
- Director of Acquisitions and Metadata Services, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI
- Cataloging & Metadata Librarian, Loyola Notre Dame Library, Baltimore, MD
- Assessment Coordinator, Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
- Academic Technology Librarian, The Citadel, Charleston, SC
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY
- Cataloging Project Manager, Washington, D.C.
- Coordinator of Resource Acquisition and Management, Appalachian State University, Boone, NC