The cataloger is responsible for creating original cataloging for all newly acquired continuing resources in all formats. The Library is an active contributor to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), contributing to the national efforts of CONSER, BIBCO, NACO, and SACO; therefore, all descriptive cataloging is performed in accordance with national standards. The cataloger also performs the regular metadata maintenance associated with continuing resources, required not only to assure accurate, clear, and usable data, but to also promote access and discoverability. The cataloger should expect to work not only with current materials, but also materials that span the existing historical holdings of the Library’s collection.
- Scholarly Communications Librarian, Florida Gulf Coast University Library, Fort Myers, FL
- Electronic Resources Librarian, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- Head of Metadata Services at the University of Toronto Libraries, Toronto, Ontario
- Librarian for Digital Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) , Worcester, MA
- Associate Director for Impact & Innovation Gordon Library, Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), Worcester, MA
- Electronic Resources and Collections Librarian, Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Library, Chicago, IL
- Electronic Resources Librarian and Cataloger, Utah State University Libraries, Logan, UT