The cataloger is responsible for creating original cataloging for all newly acquired continuing resources in all formats. The Library is an active contributor to the Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC), contributing to the national efforts of CONSER, BIBCO, NACO, and SACO; therefore, all descriptive cataloging is performed in accordance with national standards. The cataloger also performs the regular metadata maintenance associated with continuing resources, required not only to assure accurate, clear, and usable data, but to also promote access and discoverability. The cataloger should expect to work not only with current materials, but also materials that span the existing historical holdings of the Library’s collection.
- Serials Acquisitions Specialist, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC
- Discovery Services Librarian, SUNY Cortland, Cortland, NY
- Monographs Description Librarian, Duke University Libraries, Durham, NC
- Serials Bindery Assistant, Washington DC
- Head of Metadata & Discovery, University of Connecticut, CT
- Associate Director of Reese Library and Associate Professor, Augusta, Georgia
- Head of Budget, Acquisitions and Discovery Services, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA