This position is primarily responsible for organization and maintenance of the Leonard Lief Library’s electronic resources, eBooks, and website, which serves as information portal to the Lehman community. Work involves detailed tracking and maintenance of currently licensed electronic resources, as well as arranging trials and evaluation of new resources under consideration. Responsible for maintenance, innovation, and redesign of Library’s website.
The Electronic Resources and Web Services Librarian:
* manages Serials Solutions for online access to electronic journals collection
* maintains EZProxy for remote access to databases
* coordinates SFX functions for internal linking to licensed resources
* manages integration of electronic resources into discovery service
* serves as representative to CUNY’s Electronic Resources Advisory Council (ERAC)
* chairs the Library’s Web Team and Electronic Resources Discussion Group (ERDG) The incumbent provides reference service, library instruction, and collection development in assigned subject areas.
Sophisticated working knowledge of library research databases, eBook platforms, online facilitation, and vendor relations. At least two years of academic library experience. Second Master’s degree is required for appointment to Assistant Professor.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
**HOW TO APPLY**
Letter, resume, and contact information of three professional references to:
Professor Kenneth Schlesinger, Chief Librarian
Leonard Lief Library
250 Bedford Park Boulevard West
Bronx, New York 10468-1589
Review of applications begins April 1st – with projected start date of June 1, 2014.