Washington College seeks an enthusiastic and motivated librarian who can provide leadership and management for the Miller Library Resource Management Department. This is a full-time, 12-month faculty position. The Director is responsible for:
- acquisitions, electronic resources and serials management, cataloging and metadata production, integration and maintenance
- the Innovative Interfaces Inc.: upgrades, problem resolutions, and future service expansion and implementation
- lifecycle management of metadata and the supporting processes that enable knowledge access through a suite of discovery and retrieval systems
- working closely with units responsible for collection development and management
- developing and overseeing a wide range of projects addressing content discovery, access, and management
- leading and redesigning significant new service development, organizational structures and staff roles in this changing environment
Qualifications: MLIS/MLS from an ALA accredited institution is required. Additional advanced degree is desirable. A minimum of three years experience in cataloging and metadata standards, applications, management of an integrated library system (preferably Innovative Interfaces Inc.) and experience with the implementation of current and emerging technologies relevant to discovery and retrieval of information in academic libraries required. Evidence of successful supervisory experience required. Familiarity with institutional repository systems is a plus. Commitment to a collaborative work environment and to values of small liberal arts colleges is highly valued.
Miller Library just completed a $9 million renovation project and anticipates an increase in use and a renewed commitment to the critical role of the library in the academic life of the College. Washington College, founded in 1782, is a selective liberal arts institution of 1450 students that emphasizes excellence in teaching with a 12:1 student-faculty ratio and a commitment to scholarly research. Washington College is located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore, about 1.5 hours from Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Philadelphia. The College offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. For more information please consult the Washington College Website and the Miller Library website.
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please send letter of application, curriculum vitae, and graduate transcripts from all institutions attended to our Online Portal, Consensus. If you have more than one document you would like to include under “Other Documentation,” please combine into one Word (.doc) or PDF file and upload under “Attach Other Documents.” Three letters of recommendation should be sent via email to College Librarian, Dr. Ruth Shoge at firstname.lastname@example.org.